2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup water
1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Yield 2 servings
- Heat oil and add beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spotty brown, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add water, cover and cook until beans are bright green and still crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove cover, increase heat to high and cook until water evaporates, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add red pepper pieces and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until beans are crisp, tender, lightly browned and beginning to wrinkle, about 1 to 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer beans to serving bowl, toss with vinegar and basil.